WHO ARE WE CONSULTING?
Our research project began with an extended consultation with academics, teachers, and a wide range of potentially interested users.
We did this by:
- observing a primary school orchestra over a period of five weeks and talking to their teacher
- talking with teachers in primary, secondary, sixth-form, FE and HE
- convening an advisory group comprising local and national cultural and arts leaders and practitioners
- presenting our ideas and plans in two academic research seminars
- running two workshops with (a) school children and (b) university music students to test prototypes and gain feedback